Manic Motherhood at it's FINEST!!

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"
click the volcano for the due explanation
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." — Gordon B. Hinckley
Exaggeration is the spice of life

Book I am Currently Reading: Peter and The Shadow Thief

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Feel Good Friday and Letters Of Intent




1. THE most delicious pumpkin pie, smothered in very extra creamy whipped cream and a tall glass of milk to chase it down with.

2. I'm getting the hang of my new crochet hobby!

3. I *think* I am getting used to my pretty terrible haircut.

4. I am watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." And that is epic.

5. Two more days to Halloween (we're trick or treating on Saturday) and I'm about as excited as my kids.

************************************

Foursons




Dear Politicians,
As much as I appreciate your ability to recognize discrepancies in other people, and to spend campaign dollars making commercials pointing fingers, I am telling you right now that I am not going to vote for you if all I hear from you is "So-and-so voted for this bad thing, and raised taxes while giving himself a raise."

In all actuality, I am 100% more likely to vote for a guy I completely disagree with for the simple reason that I know exactly where he stands on such novel items as ~gasp~ the topics at hand. For ME, it is much more of a window into the type of guy you are that you have nothing better to do than bash your opponent.


Is honesty important? Sure. But if it's your WHOLE campaign, then you don't deserve my vote.

Signed,
Grow up. You're not in 3rd grade anymore.

*********************

Dear People Who Make Commercials; AKA Dream Smashers,

Is it absolutely necessary that you mention "stocking stuffers" and portray mom or dad buying your product and then flash forward to kids opening presents on Christmas morning marked "From Santa"? I mean, maybe that's okay if you're on prime time and you're advertising dishes or a crock pot or paint, or something that a child would otherwise not be watching or paying attention to- but when it's a toy? You have GOT to be kidding me.

My kids are pretty observant, I'll admit, but you're making it obvious. Please, for the love of Santa, keep your trap shut and just advertise without betraying the sacred secret of Santa Claus.

Signed,

BELIEVE!!!!!

**********************

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so ready to just VOTE already! :)

And the Christmas thing? My son thinks EVERYTHING ought to be a Christmas present and tells me everyday, "Christmas is never gonna be here!" Yeah, we love Christmas around here :)

Foursons said...

Election years are so horrible to have to witness. The mudslinging has gotten so out of hand.

What commerical is it that reveals the Santa? That is just horrible!

Thanks for linking up!

Selena said...

oh my, this was a great read after our elections here in Toronto Canada. It was not good. The turn-out, in my opinion anyways. But that's a whole other bucket of worms. I'm visiting over from my blog where you kindly dropped by from MBC, so glad to have found you! Lovely little blog here, I am now a follower and will be back. As for commercials and the media, i know, right? sheesh! the almighty bucks comes crashing down to crush our children's imagination. slimers.

Jules said...

Great points! Speaking of Santa, I think I may be doing something terribly wrong because my 3 year old has been trying to pray to him instead of Jesus lately. Lord help me! We compromised and know she just asks God to bless Santa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...