*Song of the day: I Won't Spend Another Night Alone by the Ataris
I feel like I need to stand at a pulpit or something, and pull out my list of names of people to thank!
"My hubby, for buying me my net-book, and reading countless vampire/werewolf (excluding the "Twilight" series) books while I type away into the wee hours of the morning, my children, for watching a lot of television and putting up with mommy's "me time" that lasts WAY longer than it's supposed to, and thank you to all my readers who don't really know me, but still suffer through my long and tedious stories about my little fingerprints on this planet, and.....the list goes on....."
For real, though, thank you to Janae at Pink Moss for this award, for your support, and for your comments! You are the best!
Maybe it's just that I'm new to the blogging world, and, in reality, I never win ANYTHING, but I feel like I've accomplished a lot. And I feel like what I am doing must mean SOMETHING to some people out there.
Seven Interesting Things About Myself:
1. I have several irrational fears. One is gray aliens. They make me cry. One is Kiwi fruits. they look like Tarantulas.
2. A fear I have, that I don't consider to be "irrational" is Mediocrity. I am afraid of just being 'ho-hum'
3. I would rather stab myself in the eye with a fork than throw up.
4. I once almost made out with the lead singer of the Ataris. I didn't because I was 'in love' ~eye roll~ (HE wouldn't have done the same for ME.) and I should have. It's my almost-claim-to-fame.
5. I have spent the last 3 years working as a model for an annual Vintage style calendar.
6.I have stood on the front steps of the place that Henry David Thoreau once lived. (Camden New Jersey is a very dangerous place, BTW.)
7. My house is now completely doused in glitter...read my next blog to find out why!
As far as giving this nominating other blogs for this award, I have to freely admit that there are probably 50 I would love to present it to. Unfortunately, I may only give it away to 7 others. So the choice is hard.
1. Michelle at All Home Cooking. All Year Long because I literally sit and drool over her blog every day. Here is a domestic goddess. A woman who blows my mind with her ability to create delicious, beautiful, home cooked meals. Every Single Day.
2. Mean Mommy University because this is a woman I identify with in just about every sense of the word. I nod as I read her posts, muttering to myself "Yep! Yes! I do that too!"
3.Ciara at Milkmoon Because this blog hits that spot in my heart that craves poetry, and peace, and freedom. She has a beautiful, poetic way of blogging (not to mention, gorgeous pictures) that is just like a breath of crisp fresh air.
4.Organic Motherhood With Coolwhip because she is clever, and hilarious. I laugh out loud when I read her blog. Again, I relate to her entirely!
5.Ginny at Lemon Drop Pie Ginny has an amazing, tough, and compassionate spirit, and an exceptional life story. She has conquered much, and I admire her greatly. This is a woman who may very easily end up one of my heroes.
6. Helene at I'm Living Proof That God Has A Sense Of Humor Once again, I relate. (And I desperately want twins!)
7.Jamie at Stalling Jamie is an old friend of mine, and she is also a sensational writer. I love reading her blog because I am never sure what I am going to find. She is very funny, and has a perfect helping of sarcasm to wash it all down. She's also shown ME a lot of support and I appreciate it a lot.
Now here are the rules for this award:
-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
-Copy the award & place it on your blog.
-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
-Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
-Nominate 7 bloggers.
-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.