My new Meme!
I'm very excited to announce "Brag & Blab Mondays"
I have, for a long time, wanted to host my own meme, complete with a Mr. Linky and everything. And I have wracked my brain trying to think of a topic that everyone can relate to, that everyone can do, and something that they would want to do.
Okay, so if you know me at all, you know that I'm a total attention diva. I hog the spotlight. Or try to.
If you know me at all, you know that I am also a huge bawl bag. I complain about everything. I know. Negativity is soooo not becoming. Technically, bragging and gossiping are never in style...but here, on I am NOT a VOLCANO, Mondays showcase an awesome fashion show for the proud and sharp tongued!!!!
Five things that are making me happy:
1. Tomorrow, I get to go take Amazon Warrior Princess pictures with two of my very very good friends! If you know anything about me at all, you know how excellently superb this is to me. I LOVE dressing up, putting on war paint, and taking pictures. It's awesome.
2. I am not kidding. I am physically FIGHTING the urge to pee on a stick (pregnancy test)- I can't possibly get a positive until like Monday or something, but I am really feeling like this is THE month!!
3. FINALLY, I think we've made some headway with the military and the ability to get our children's complete shot records. HOORAY!
4. Conference is coming up this weekend. For those of you who are not LDS, Conference happens in April and October. It is so wonderful- when our Prophet and the apostles, and other important people at the head of our church speak at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, and it's broadcast all over the whole world. I always love conference, and I look forward to it immensely. If you'd like more information, check it out further, or watch it this Sunday (10.00-12.00 for the morning session and 2:00-4:00 for the afternoon session.) go to http://www.mormon.org/
5. Easter Sunday is on Conference Sunday this year! That's so awesome because it means my kids can do Easter egg hunts and eat their candy at home instead of whine through church because they want to go home and eat their Easter candy.
Dear Utah Drivers,
Please, PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy, figure out how to use such things as left turn lanes, roundabouts and blinkers.
See, whoever it was that invented traffic laws, well, let's just say that they were smarter than you are.
A turn lane, for example, makes it possible for you to turn left without having to slow down in the middle of the street and slow down the traffic behind you. If I had a nickle for every driver who slowed down before getting into the turn lane, I'd be rich. And if I had a penny for every driver who forgot about the turn lane altogether until the very last possible moment and came to near stopping before getting in the turn lane, I'd be a millionaire. PEOPLE: No one behind you should EVER have to slow down if there is a turn lane.
Roundabouts are just as bad. Friends, a roundabout is NOT a FOUR-WAY-STOP. The whole point of a roundabout is so that you DON'T have to stop at all! I mean, by all means, YIELD, but there should not have to be 6 or 7 cars lined up behind you to get into a roundabout because all the drivers on all sides of the roundabout are treating it as though it's a four way stop. Seriously, people? It's a good thing you do not live in New Jersey. I think your heads would explode at the thought of a jug handle. (For those who are reading this and don't know what I"m talking about- it's when you overshoot the left turn you want to take, and turn right onto a one way road which flips you around- as in, you drive in a half circle- nothing actually FLIPS you around- and then drive straight through a light onto said left turn instead of hanging an actual left....oh, did I hurt your poor head???)
Last but not least: Blinkers. Yeah, those blinky lights aren't meant to be pretty, they are meant to communicate your next line of action to people who are behind you or who are headed toward you on the opposite side of the road. If I am sitting at a stop sign, ready to turn, and you do not have your blinker on, I am going to assume that you are going to keep going straight, that it is your right-of-way and that I need to wait my turn (remember that lesson in preschool?). If I am sitting there, as you come down the road, waiting patiently like MY mommy taught me, and, instead of going straight, as your lack of a blinker is indicating, you turn down the street I'm on and go past me, well, then you've just wasted my precious time. (And yes, my time IS more valuable than yours. I'm a mom of 3. So eat that.)
I think it would be a good idea for all Utah drivers to study up on the rules of the road. I have.
They Drive Better In Texas.