Manic Motherhood at it's FINEST!!

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"
click the volcano for the due explanation
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." — Gordon B. Hinckley
Exaggeration is the spice of life

Book I am Currently Reading: Peter and The Shadow Thief

Monday, November 1, 2010

Touchy Topic Tuesday: Is the Glass Half Full or Half Empty????

Not too long ago, a blogger I respect very much told me that I should never apologize on my blog. Okay, she doesn't know me personally and did not tell me this in specific referral to MY BLOG, but she DID do a blog post about it, and said that our blog is our space, and while she sees people every day starting their blog posts with "I'm SO SORRY I didn't post yesterday" or whatever the apology happens to be about, and said that she is, frankly, sick of it.

I recognise this in myself, especially as of late with my morning sickness and children in school and family illnesses and so on, and for the most part, I feel that she has a very VERY valid point.

I have a life- a REAL life- outside of blog land, and of course that takes the utmost precedence over my nightly ritual.

However, I DO feel that I owe an apology today. To my dear readers, whom I treasure very much. Today is Tuesday. And it's time for our Touchy Topic. It is the day when my blog usually reaches over 100 hits. It is the day I receive the very most votes on Top Mommy Blogs, and the day that I read the most comments. (WOO HOO FOR COMMENTS!!!!) It's also a day I receive the most private messages bashing me for my opinions so blatantly posted, and, as I obviously did it specifically to provoke debate and challenge discussion, I usually welcome those comments too.

Unlucky for me (and my terribly compromised immune system) I have been feeling really icky again the whole day.

And this Touchy Topic Tuesday is going to be fairly mediocre.

There is likely going to be little or, as I more likely expect, no debate. But the question, I feel, is honest. And it's easy. It didn't take me too much work...which means I get to go to bed early.

So, for the lack of rallying inspiration, I do apologize, but I ask you, as my beloved readers, please, please, leave a message and let me know what you think!!!

***********************************

Touchy Topic Tuesday:
Is the Glass Half Full or Half Empty?


(Photo courtesy of google.com)

I heard the question posed to me often, even from a very young age. It should be an easy question for a child to answer. Normally, to a child, things are what they seem. The answers are quick because they see what it is and say what they mean.

Lilly said: Half empty

Mahone said: Half Empty
Scarlet said: Half Full
As a kid though, this question befuddled me. There simply wasn't enough information. If the person posing the question could tell me 1. It was FILLED to the half way line, then my answer would easily be that the glass was half full. But if they told me 2. That the glass was full to the brim and then was drunk or poured out, then it would be obvious that the glass was half empty.

So what exactly does that say about the way my brain works? Am I an optimist or a pessimist?

Honestly, I'm probably just too analytical for my own good.

And believe me, my issue continues today. (Ask Brandon. He'll tell you.) And I still don't know if the glass is half full or half empty!

*********************

So what is it friends??? Half full or half empty???

For the record, Brandon says: "It's half way to another glass!" (Which, I, personally, interpret as optimism!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a hard question to answer because it goes beyond what we can see and feel - like faith.

I try to live my life in a glass half full mentality - that being that the glass was empty and now is half full. There are some days or some 'seasons' when despite my tries the glass is half empty - meaning that it was full and someone took half of it.

What it comes down to for me is Do I want to live my life in abundance or in scarsity mode. I am much happier in abundance mode so I try to think of the glass as half full.

Paula said...

"thinking and talking" rather in a picture language, for me it doesnt matter whether the glass is half full or half empty - I will get a sip anyway.

Karen said...

I want to think it is half full but I always default to half empty! I just tell myself I'm a realist and not a pessimist and that makes me feel better.

Love you blog--found you on Bloggy Moms. Hope you can stop by and say hi sometime as well!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

The logical answer is it is between both. Its halfway...which is why the interpertation is all about feelings and where we are emotionally.
If you were being asked in a practical manner without realizing it was a philosophical question, your answer may change depending on whats going on in your life at the moment. As it should.
(Thanks for following me at Teens and a Toddler.. Now I am following you- Bloggy Moms)

oh and PS... I agree with what your friend said... Never apologize when you don't have a reason to apologize...If it's not your fault don't hold yourself responsible.

*Jess* said...

Its both. I'm a realist :)

Tammy said...

I say half full. Because it looks to me like there is still some being poured into it so it of course, is going to be filled up all the way.

Yep, that's my story.

Cute post! Great question! I hope your icky sickness feels better soon.

Sara Hickman designs said...

I am right there with you. When someone asks me that question my answer is always "That depends"

Following your blog from Bloggy Moms

www.touchofhomelearning.blogspot.com
www.thehickmanfour.blogspot.com

I will check back on Tuesday to see next weeks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...