Manic Motherhood at it's FINEST!!

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"

Why "I am NOT a VOLCANO!"
click the volcano for the due explanation
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." — Gordon B. Hinckley
Exaggeration is the spice of life

Book I am Currently Reading: Peter and The Shadow Thief

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thursday's Writer's Prompt- A Vice I Can't Let Go Of

Thursday's Writer's Prompt

A Vice I Can't Let Go Of

Now, first thing's first: I am NOT a liar. As a matter of fact, I sometimes impress (and shock) myself with how  honest I can be. 

But, I have a flair for the dramatic. I'd like to think I am a natural story teller, and that this vice I have really just amplifies my abilities. I feel that "exaggeration is the spice of life."

I am an exaggerator. In my world,  this spider

becomes this spider:
and this mess


becomes this mess:



And my battered and bruised  (but generally okay) heart (ego):

becomes something ripped from my chest, thrown on the floor and stomped on until it's  a bloody pulp: 



This is probably not the WORST little tidbit about myself I could offer. Rarely does my exaggeration hurt anyone, and like I said, it's not lying...not exactly. 

And really, though my exaggerated descriptions of heated arguments, and people who I despise can leave me seething even though they're not worth the trouble, my vice has it's good points too. 


this humor:


becomes THIS humor:




This much love: 


becomes this much love:




And that, my friends, is that. 




Like my blog? Please vote for me by clicking the button for Top Mommy Blogs! Thanks! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

kayerj said...

Exaggeration--it just spices up your life and makes it interesting. I've also been prone to exaggerate all my life. I keep trying to curb it but it still gets away from me from time to time. love your blog. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

AutismWonderland said...

HA! I tend to do this too. It spices things up a bit don't ya think ;)

Stopping by - for the 1st time -from Mama Kat's

~ Lisa

Eliana said...

I'm always jealous of people who can tell stories well. I tend to try to get things too exactly. The baby was hilarious. And I love how you ended with love. That's that. :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha I love the video of the laughing baby! so cute x

Unknown said...

Ha! I exaggerate too! I love the idea of using a writing prompt. What a great way to think of new topics!

trendy juniors clothing said...

This blog looks amazing! To be in line with nowadays trends, see yourself in cheap butt lift jeans! Shape wear like this looks really cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...